The University of Birmingham is one of the high-ranking schools in the United Kingdom.
With a fantastic learning environment and a curriculum that is regularly updated, this university stands out as one of the best schools within which you can grab not just a qualitative degree, but one in which you can advance your career by applying for your postgraduate programs.
At Birmingham, you can look forward to joining the most vibrant and ever-competitive international community of students, tutors, and researchers.
It is safe to add that in addition to a fully equipped learning space, you get to enjoy the beautiful scenery that exists within our 250-acre campus characterized by classic and iconic buildings.
The University of Birmingham offers over 600 taught Masters’s opportunities to opt into and advance your career.
There are also over 140 research courses, which enable you to maximize your career and potential in any area of interest.
University of Birmingham Postgraduate Subject Areas
- Accounting and Finance
- African Studies and Anthropology
- Business and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Classics, Ancient History, and Archaeology
- Computer Science and Data Science
- Creative Writing
- Drama and Theatre Arts
- Electronic, Electrical, and Systems Engineering
- Engineering Management
- English Language and Linguistics
- English Literature
- Film Studies
- Food Safety
- Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Health Services Management
- History and Heritage
- History of Art
- Interdisciplinary study
- Languages, Cultures, and Translation
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine and Health
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
- Nuclear and Energy
- Physics and Astronomy
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Politics, Development, and International Relations
- Railway Engineering
- Sexuality and Gender
- Shakespeare Studies
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Teacher Education (Continuing Professional Development)
- Theology and Religion
- Urban and Regional Planning
University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarship
Birmingham school is pleased to announce its scholarship offer to international students who desire to obtain a postgraduate qualification.
This scholarship is aimed at assisting academically bright graduates to maximize their potential by taking another forward step in their careers.
The award of £10,000 will give the successful applicants the financial strength to live out their dreams at the University of Birmingham.
Selected Countries for The University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarship
For an applicant to be eligible, he or she must be domiciled in one of the following 22 countries:
- China (PRC)
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
Requirements for The University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarship
This scholarship requires that an applicant must:
- Have been admitted, and have accepted, an offer of admission for a Master’s degree program at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic session.
- Be domiciled in one of the selected countries.
- Fall into the category of an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Be ready to start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a postgraduate course delivered on-campus.
- Must have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically sound and able to show evidence of academic excellence in the scholarship application statement.
- Candidates should have or be expecting to achieve, a first-class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
For more clarity, the University considers a UK first-class degree to be equivalent to the following grading systems in the US, India, Nigeria, and China:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% of grades were awarded by a top-tier Chinese University, and 90% of grades were awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University.
An applicant who is already a beneficiary or awardee of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source is not eligible for this scholarship.
Those with other partial awards may be eligible.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is 30 June 2022 at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1).
Successful candidates will be formally notified via email.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Top 5 Ongoing Scholarship for Nigerian Students. Apply now!
Click here for an exciting virtual tour of the University of Tokyo, Japan.